Zrodzony z fantastyki

Fuzzy__
Użytkownik
Użytkownik

English Only :)

pn kwie 05, 2004 5:37 pm

Hello everyone. I have great (?) idea!! :razz: <br />In this topic, we can speak ONLY in English. Polish sentences, words etc. are ban. <br />Answer the questions (if you want, of course :razz:): <br /> <br />1. How long you study English? <br />2. What's yours other language whose you learning? <br />3. Have you any problems with speaking? <br /> <br />Every mistakes in sentences etc. are correct by most experience users (I hope :razz:). <br /> <br />Hmmm??? :mrgreen: <br /> <br />[b]tu nekromancer: <!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro--> po konsultacjach ze znajom± anglistk± zmieniam nazwê w±tku. Otó¿, poprawnie powinien on brzmieæ<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Darius__
Wyróżniony
Wyróżniony

pn kwie 05, 2004 5:49 pm

OK, to start off, just let me correct your post: <br /> <br />
<br />"Hello everyone. I have a great (?) idea!!   <br />In this topic, we can speak ONLY English. Polish sentences, words, etc. are banned.  <br />Answer the questions (if you want, of course ):  <br /> <br />1. How long have you been learning English?  <br />2. What's your other language that you are learning?  <br />3. Do you have any problems with speaking?  <br /> <br />All mistakes in sentences etc. are corrected by more experienced users. (or: every mistake is corrected...)"
<br /> <br />Now, let's reply to your questions: <br /> <br />1. I don't remember exactly but I guess, for almost 20 years. Quite a bit of time, huh? :wink: <br /> <br />2. I also speak German fluently since I spent 4 years in Vienna, plus French (v. good), Italian (advanced), Spanish (beginner), Russian (advanced but rusty). I also have some passive (i.e. mainly reading) skills in several other languages, including Dutch and Swedish. <br /> <br />3. Nope, it's natural and understandable that most people have difficulties with verbal /oral/ expression but it simply comes with time and practice.

Awatar użytkownika
Ryoga
Zespolony z forum
Zespolony z forum

pn kwie 05, 2004 5:56 pm

For a person who learned English all by yourself you know quite a lot vocabulary. However you should sometimes read through a grammar book. Have fun :mrgreen: <br />Guest starring Ethernus

Awatar użytkownika
Suldarr'essalar
Arcypsion
Arcypsion

pn kwie 05, 2004 6:21 pm

Nope, it's natural and understandable that most people have difficulties with verbal /oral/ expression but it simply comes with time and practice.
Especialy practise :evil: <br />As for grammar it’s good to write in MS Word, where you can check if you had made any spelling mistakes. <br />
1. How long you study English?
Well, to be honest I don’t remember :mrgreen: but it’s something between 12-13 years.
I also speak German fluently since I spent 4 years in Vienna, plus French (v. good), Italian (advanced), Spanish (beginner), Russian (advanced but rusty). I also have some passive (i.e. mainly reading) skills in several other languages, including Dutch and Swedish.
Wow, Darius I’m impressed.
3. Have you any problems with speaking?
My only problem with speaking is poor vocabulary (Since I passed my exams I don’t have anyone I could talk to, so it’s quite obvious that I forget many words, and phrases)

Awatar użytkownika
Mirit
Zespolony z forum
Zespolony z forum

pn kwie 05, 2004 8:55 pm

Hmm I dont learn english much. I have a few lesons in my class ( betwen 20 to 30 ) ( I dont remember how is a szkoła in english, I mean, how correct to write ). In times of english caroton network, I have started with this leaunguage. <br /> <br />Now I can, comunicate verbaly with other human with use of simple words, but I dont have much trobule with readnig in eng. Simply I read a all sentences and with the Key words, Im trying deduct what the writer mean. <br /> <br />Sorry for meany misteakes :| <br /> <br />Chesse Mirit.

Rince__
Stały bywalec
Stały bywalec

pn kwie 05, 2004 9:06 pm

Now, i'm not quite sure aren't we breaking the rules of this forum but the hell with that. <br />1 English...how long has it been?If I'm counting properly it's now 12 years. <br />2 The second language is German but ich hasse that language. <br />3 No problms here i can comunicate with almost anyone who speaks english <br />Oh, and BTW as Ryoga said check the grammar book. <br /> <br />As Jierdan says: C'ya

Terai__
Stały bywalec
Stały bywalec

pn kwie 05, 2004 9:30 pm

Hmm.... that topic... is weird... :) <br />1) I have been learning English for about, hm, 5 years? probably more. <br />2) I am quite good at Russian which I've been learning for 2 years (and I will try to pass russian exams next year). In school I am trying to learn some German, but I don't think I'll ever use this language, because I know how to speak only a few things. <br />3) I don't have any problems with speaking Russian and English (well I have some, but people always understand what do I mean).

Fuzzy__
Użytkownik
Użytkownik

pn kwie 05, 2004 9:40 pm

OK, to start off, just let me correct your post:
<br /> <br />Big THX, Darius.:mrgreen: You see, I'm not good with English... Grammar is my main problem. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] <br /> <br />I have a big problem, when I must talk with someone in english, because.... I dont now why, I have some kinde of barrier when I must talk. Its funny because I understand when somebody talk to me, but I can,t say anything to this person....

Pedro Alvarez
Wyróżniony
Wyróżniony

pn kwie 05, 2004 9:53 pm

This is a good idea for a topic. I myself don't have much problems with English, but some people (especially the younger ones) can really benefit if they contribute. To throw my 3 cents in, I'll answer the questions. I've been learning english 11 years in school (yep, since 1st grade), and I never went to any private language schools, accually I consider it a waste of time, at least for me. Of course the things you are taught at school these days wouldn't get my English to this level, which I consider advanced (though I don't have anything to show for it :razz:). Funny as it may sound my English was improved greatly by watching countless hours of English Cartoon Network in my youth (hey, I'm still young). In fact I'm disgusted by CN in Polish and the quality of many translations, though some are au contraire - very good. The main part is that now with all the trasnlationg of English language TV channels (CN, Discovery, Eurosport) it would be very hard for me to improve my abilities this very effective way. Well, all this writing about CN has brought a question to my mind - What was your favourite show on english CN? I would say one was "Justice Friends" (just about 7 episodes) and a very old one "Pirates of Blackwater". Cheers.

Ezy Ryder
Stały bywalec
Stały bywalec

pn kwie 05, 2004 10:24 pm

Heh, I were quite sure that this will be an excelent thread for boarders to show off with their great english and fancy words :wink:. I bet that in a few hours we have another bunch of users that jump in here with a "Yo daddy's in da house, dogz. I can speak english like all those rednecks in da US!" :wink:. <br />Ok, to the point: <br /> <br />1) I think it will be something 'bout eight years. I've always played lots of computer games, so it was my main way of studying (besides school). Now I read RPG handbooks in english and watch some crappy american talkshows on NBC (like Conan O'Brian). It's a good way to broaden your vocabulary and get some experience with different accents. <br />2) I've got German in school but i'm really lame at it. I speak a bit Swedish though 8). <br />3) As you may noticed by now, my grammar suck :wink:. I can't just get it right. I'm attending a course preparing for the FCE thing, but I still got a lot of problemms with such simple things like tenses and stuff :oops:. <br /> <br />all right, that's all folks! <br /> <br />Cheers

Bjorn Westlander
Zespolony z forum
Zespolony z forum

pn kwie 05, 2004 10:39 pm

'Un: Hella long. Though not at school, but by playing computer games and watching cartoons. <br />Too: None at the moment, though I was learning Russian for six years. <br />Tree: No. <br /> <br />I use MSN Messenger to communicate with people from UK and US and I do it quite often. I am a member of English-speaking society in Project Entropia, I am also active on English forums.

Devik Crazystar
Wyróżniony
Wyróżniony

pn kwie 05, 2004 10:40 pm

Ostatnio zmieniony pn maja 09, 2022 4:00 pm przez Devik Crazystar, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Fuzzy__
Użytkownik
Użytkownik

pn kwie 05, 2004 10:42 pm

Ooo I understand... Well? What shall we do now ?

Loethlin@-'-,--
Zespolony z forum
Zespolony z forum

pn kwie 05, 2004 10:46 pm

Since Suldarr, our new moderator, was one of the first people to write in here, and not with the purpose to say that this topic is illegal, I think we can agree it is ok. It has some educational value too. <br />So, I pronounce this topic legal. If anyone has any objections, blame Suldarr. :evil:

Bjorn Westlander
Zespolony z forum
Zespolony z forum

wt kwie 06, 2004 12:18 am

ROFL! Blame it on the Psion! :mrgreen: <br />BTW: Where did Molobo go? I bet he'd say something about the 'beautiful English language'... :evil:

Kiaryn'Veil Duskryn
Fantastyczny dyskutant
Fantastyczny dyskutant

wt kwie 06, 2004 12:20 am

My, my... Just look at this whole bunch of show-offs :mrgreen:. Well, may you define now what do you intend to talk about? The topic of one's individual linguistic experiences seems kinda boring to me :wink:.

Bjorn Westlander
Zespolony z forum
Zespolony z forum

wt kwie 06, 2004 12:50 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Darius+-->
Darius pisze:
<!--QuoteEBegin-->I also speak German fluently since I spent 4 years in Vienna, plus French (v. good), Italian (advanced), Spanish (beginner), Russian (advanced but rusty). I also have some passive (i.e. mainly reading) skills in several other languages, including Dutch and Swedish.
Spy Master or what? :) Let me guess, you drive Aston Martin and drink Martini with vodka, shaken not stirred?! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
Suldarr'essalar
Arcypsion
Arcypsion

wt kwie 06, 2004 12:01 pm

If anyone has any objections, blame Suldarr.
ROFL! Blame it on the Psion!
Well :oops: hmm Well, to my mind, the sub forum Dragon lair Inn is a place on this forum, where the Regulations are not so strictly abided (?), so if other points of our Regulations are not violated I think that we can wink at this one point :wink: <br />Besides it’s a good thing for those of us who perhaps need to practice writing. And you can pick up some new words, and phrases <br />
Well, may you define now what do you intend to talk about? The topic of one's individual linguistic experiences seems kinda boring to me .
Indeed, if that’s all it is, the we’ll just have to close it. I’m waiting for suggestions…

Darius__
Wyróżniony
Wyróżniony

wt kwie 06, 2004 5:39 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Bjorn Westlander+-->
Bjorn Westlander pisze:
<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Darius+-->
Darius pisze:
<!--QuoteEBegin-->I also speak German fluently since I spent 4 years in Vienna, plus French (v. good), Italian (advanced), Spanish (beginner), Russian (advanced but rusty). I also have some passive (i.e. mainly reading) skills in several other languages, including Dutch and Swedish.
Spy Master or what? :) Let me guess, you drive Aston Martin and drink Martini with vodka, shaken not stirred?! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
<br /> <br />Hehe, good one :mrgreen: <br />It's actually Weapon Master, Ford and Cranberry Finlandia with lemon and tonic respectively :) <br /> <br />As for danger regarding this thread, I fail to see any. There's absolutely no valid reason to close this thread. Sul won't lock it, I'm sure. Otherwise, I guess I'll replace my pally with a nasty, huge and hairy frenzied berserker (he knows what I'm talking about) :mrgreen:

Awatar użytkownika
mergan
Zespolony z forum
Zespolony z forum

wt kwie 06, 2004 5:44 pm

Quite funny topic- - when I talk with friend by commucitaors I have a great fun reading my mistakes :) <br />I saw him at morning and, having words of Our "bible" I haven't written anything :wink: now, when everything thing is clear and obvious I can with clean heart ([english mode off] właśnie, Andlicy mają wiele idiomów zmienionych. Jak będzie wyglądał własnie taki??[english mode on]) answer questions: <br />1. I started learning English before I went to school. It was in before-school-lessons. I even remember my first question about English word - (read as polish, letter-to-letter) - Co to znaczy wanna? 8) <br />2. Umh. I'm not such polyglot as Darius :razz: but I think I speak English, Polish :wink: and a little bit German. <br />3. It depends. Mainly I haven't got any, but I'm trying to be 'sure' during talking. <br /> <br />And for happy end - I think, that site slowniki.onet.pl will have record time of projections :mrgreen: <br />Auf wiedersehn :razz: for everyone!

Ezy Ryder
Stały bywalec
Stały bywalec

wt kwie 06, 2004 6:45 pm

BTW: Where did Molobo go? I bet he'd say something about the 'beautiful English language'...
<br />Good Question! Where the heck is Molobo? I havent seen him for several weeks now! <br /> <br />weird... another board-dessertion? :wink:

Coby
Zespolony z forum
Zespolony z forum

wt kwie 06, 2004 7:23 pm

Holly shit! <br />What an amazing topic! :razz: <br /> <br /><!--QuoteBegin-mergan+-->
mergan pisze:
<!--QuoteEBegin-->[...]Co to znaczy wanna?[...]
I wanna be a famous rockman = I want to be a famous rockman. 8) <br />Well... taking back to the topic. <br />I'm learning English something 'bout 9 years and it keeps just getting better and better. Studying English in school is so borin', 'cause I've... strange teacher? <br />Like Ezy, I spend my time watchin' English (or US) TV programs and PC games, eg. "The Late Late Show - with Craig Kilborn" and "Jay Leno" - this programs're very cool if we wanna improve us pronounciation. Obvious, listenin' to English songs is very good idea. :mrgreen: <br />In school, I've never been too fond of german - this language is IMO stupid and I don't see any reason to study this... nightmare. :wink: <br /> <br />English is easy. It's a cool chill language... <br />I think if we don't know English we'll inability to communicate with another people from all the world. :wink: <br /> <br />coby <br /> <br />Post below: <br />So sorry. I "rzuci³em okiem" only. :oops:

Awatar użytkownika
mergan
Zespolony z forum
Zespolony z forum

wt kwie 06, 2004 7:28 pm

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] coby - did you read what I had written? It was almost twelve years ago. Now I know what does it mean 8) :razz:

Yarel
Częsty bywalec
Częsty bywalec

wt kwie 06, 2004 7:31 pm

Yo men, wozaaaa (wassup :)) My answers: <br /> <br />1. I learn English 9 years. <br />2. Other language wich I study is German, but it's to difficult for me :razz: <br />3. I've heard, that I'm speaking with scottish accent. I can speak with russian accent too :wink: I'ts very funny. And my German teacher sayd to me, that I speak German very nice. <br /> <br />More topics like this!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Fuzzy__
Użytkownik
Użytkownik

wt kwie 06, 2004 7:55 pm

I see that this topic appealing you :mrgreen: <br /> <br />I usually don't like games with polish sub [i dont know that i say it right ], because always original version is better than polish [my opinion], and my english is good enough to translate dialogs/text by myself. <br /> <br />Also, I wathed film on my computer with English sub and again I must translate it by myself <br /> <br />My "English" skills, are better to translating, than to speak or write, so if i write something bad - please correct me^^ <br /> <br />Question>>> Do you have something like that?: You first time hear the English word and you now what does it mean? <br />Do like reading books in English? <br /> <br />S'ya

Darklord
Wyróżniony
Wyróżniony

wt kwie 06, 2004 8:08 pm

My mind is collapsing [ :roll: ] so I write only few sentences. [I'm ill now.] <br />Some answers: <br />1. I have studied English for about 11-12 years. <br />2. Other languages [not including Polish and English]: French [a little more than beginner], German [a little bit - I must use German encyclopedia of Egypt :? ], Old Greek [beginner], Latin [beginner], Old Egyptian [a little more than beginner], Italian [a little bit - two years ago I had to write about old Egyptian city and only reliable information was in that language 8O ], Russian [beginner or better if take some time to relearn 8) ]. <br />3. I think I can handle with my English :mrgreen: . <br /> <br />That's all folks :x-mas: .

Awatar użytkownika
Suldarr'essalar
Arcypsion
Arcypsion

wt kwie 06, 2004 9:35 pm

I guess I'll replace my pally with a nasty, huge and hairy frenzied berserker (he knows what I'm talking about)
just wait until I'll put my hands on Expanded Psionc Handbook :evil:
I can with clean heart ([english mode off] właśnie, Andlicy mają wiele idiomów zmienionych. Jak będzie wyglądał własnie taki??[english mode on])
Maybe: with a clear conscience?
More topics like this!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, can't do.

Bjorn Westlander
Zespolony z forum
Zespolony z forum

wt kwie 06, 2004 9:39 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Ezy Ryder+-->
Ezy Ryder pisze:
<!--QuoteEBegin-->weird... another board-dessertion? :wink:
Don't know about you, but I'm happy with this :).<!--QuoteBegin-coby+-->
coby pisze:
<!--QuoteEBegin-->'cause I've... strange teacher?
Mmmkay Coby Dick, Cali you say? Where did I put the smiley with "BS" flag...? :wink: I know that teachers here are weird, but I won't believe that American teachers are weirder.

Kiaryn'Veil Duskryn
Fantastyczny dyskutant
Fantastyczny dyskutant

wt kwie 06, 2004 11:34 pm

As for the eventual "educational" benefits of this thread... I just hope that in this quest for linguistic impovement some of us won't end up picking up some errors or "speakin' bahd English" (no, offence cody-mate :mrgreen: ). I do not want to question the usefulness of "Only English" :wink: but I wouldn't mind if some advanced contributors corrected the errors of their less experienced fellows 8) . I do make mistakes, and the fact that I am a student in the Institute of English Studies is not an excuse so, folks, just feel free to correct my messages :wink:.

Molobo
Fantastyczny dyskutant
Fantastyczny dyskutant

sob kwie 10, 2004 7:20 pm

Don't know about you, but I'm happy with this
<br />Don't.